trainee assistant rural surveyor
- Opening for a graduate from RICS accredited rural degree or similar to join our dynamic team of rural surveyors and begin training to complete their RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC).
- You will gain a wide range of experience throughout the rural sector and we will work with you to achieve the required level in all your APC competencies, building on your previous knowledge and interests within the rural sector.
- Close partner contact throughout your training.
- You will be encouraged to take the CAAV exams alongside your APC.
- You will receive immediate face to face client contact, along with significant responsibility early on.
Our trainees have a proven track record of successfully achieving their chartered status as rural surveyors (RICS) and agricultural valuers (CAAV), whilst enjoying exciting challenges in their day to day employment (see our Testimonials on our Join Us main page). The ideal candidate will:
- have completed an RICS accredited rural degree and have an interest in joining a small traditional land agency firm.
- be able to demonstrate confidence with clients both on the telephone and face to face.
- be an excellent communicator.
- have a thirst for knowledge to expand on that gained during their degree course.
- be confident working as part of a supportive team.
- have an excellent eye for detail.
- have an excellent writing style and strong presentational skills.
- enjoy new challenges and solving problems.
The salary offered would be appropriate to the level of experience and qualification of the successful candidate, with an annual programmed salary review based on job performance evaluation meetings and feedback. All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The position would be expected to start in the summer, after exams, or at a later date depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for administrative queries please telephone Julia Clark on 01392 823935.
qualified rural surveyor
- Exciting opportunity for a recently qualified or experienced rural surveyor to join us and become an integral part of our team.
- As part of a small firm, candidates can expect a wide range of rural professional and rural agency work to be available to suit the successful applicant, their skills and areas of interest. Reporting to the senior partner, the appointee will be expected to be able to take on a broad range of rural professional work from the outset.
- Be part of our highly successful national entitlement agency department.
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to generate new instructions and expand the business.
- CAAV training is offered if you are not already a fellow.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, although this should not discourage candidates with lesser experience from applying:
– rural planning experience
– be able to take on a wide range of rural professional work;
– the confidence and charisma to build on and expand our estate and land agency instructions;
– knowledge and experience of entitlement trading;
– an excellent communicator, with ambition, dedication, a keen eye for detail and the ability to provide intelligent, knowledgeable and creative solutions;
– able to work as part of a close knit team;
– happy working closely with existing partners initially and being given immediate direct client responsibility;
– able to expand and improve their current qualifications and knowledge, adding to the strength of advice and services we already provide.
The salary offered will be appropriate to the level of experience and qualification of the successful candidate, with an annual programmed salary review.
Significant opportunities for career development are available for the right candidate.
The position is available from Summer 2018 or at a later date, depending on the availability of the successful candidate.
If you are interested in either of the above opportunities, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or for administrative queries please telephone Julia Clark on 01392 823935.