landlord / tenant negotiations
- finding suitable tenants
- negotiating levels of rent
- drafting tenancies
- preparing schedules of condition and dilapidations
- rent reviews
- tenancy succession
- lease renewals, surrenders and appraisals
- preparing and serving notices
- providing arbitration and mediation services
Our experience has taught us that the “devil is in the detail” when negotiating arrangements between landlords and tenants, and it is always worthwhile obtaining appropriate professional advice at the outset of any relationship, to avoid costly misunderstandings and disputes in the future. However it is vital to be able to “think out of the box” and consider flexible alternatives.
We act on behalf of both landlords and tenants in Agricultural Holding Act and Farm Business Tenancy rent reviews, including acting as expert witnesses at arbitrations, and representing clients in Land Tribunal disputes.